Prospective students need to apply to the PSM and ISP graduate certificate simultaneously; each has its own admission requirements. Acceptance into one program does not guarantee acceptance into the other.
Both programs offer rolling admissions, meaning you can apply to begin in either the fall or spring semester. The PSM application deadlines are August 1 for fall, December 15 for spring, and May 15 for summer.
TO APPLY FOR THE ISP GRADUATE CERTIFICATE:
Current graduate students wishing to enroll in the ISP Graduate Certificate program will need to apply through the Graduate School. The application process entails completing the online application, paying a $30 application fee, and submitting materials required for the Indigenous Studies Certificate:
- A letter stating your interest in Indigenous Studies and its relationship to your graduate course of study;
- A current advising report;
- A letter of support from your graduate degree program.
A student must be in good standing with their graduate degree program in order to participate in the certificate program. A graduate GPA of 3.0 or higher is required for admission.
Students who are not currently enrolled at KU must complete an application to the Graduate School for admission into the certificate program and submit an application fee along with the following materials:
- A letter stating your interest in the Indigenous Studies Graduate Certificate program;
- A copy of your college transcript;
- Two letters of recommendation from persons familiar with your academic work or potential for graduate study.
Minimum requirements include a bachelor’s degree with a 3.0 or higher GPA. The GPA requirement may be waived at the discretion of the ISP director.
Review the Professional Science Master’s program admissions requirements.