To count for the certificate, a student must complete graduate-level coursework with 50% or more content in Indigenous peoples; courses must be approved by the ISP Executive Committee.
The Indigenous Studies Program offers several environmentally focused courses:
- ISP 800 Indigenous Issues in the United States (required; taught each fall)
- ISP 673/EVRN 673 Environmental Justice
- ISP 504/EVRN 542 Ethnobotany (taught each spring)
- ISP 882/LAW 967 Native American Natural Resources (taught every other spring)
- GEOG 980 Seminar in Geography: Native American Land Issues (taught sporadically)