Application and Admissions Procedure
Current graduate students wishing to enroll in the Graduate Certificate program will need to apply through the Graduate School. The application process entails completing the online application, paying a $30 application fee, and submitting materials required for the Indigenous Studies Certificate:
- A letter stating your interest in Indigenous Studies and its relationship to your graduate course of study;
- A current advising report;
- A letter of support from your graduate degree program.
A student must be in good standing with their graduate degree program in order to participate in the certificate program. A graduate GPA of 3.0 or higher is required for admission.
Students who are not currently enrolled at KU must complete an application to the Graduate School for admission into the certificate program and submit an application fee along with the following materials:
- A letter stating your interest in the Indigenous Studies Graduate Certificate program;
- A copy of your college transcript;
- Two letters of recommendation from persons familiar with your academic work or potential for graduate study.
Minimum requirements include a bachelor’s degree with a 3.0 or higher GPA. The GPA requirement may be waived at the discretion of the ISP Director.
Graduate Academic Advisor